Sunday 1 September 2013

Choccy banana protein bars

Welcome back to Sunday! And the first day of my favourite season FALL! Not to mention the month of my birthday very good Sunday indeed.

With Monday fast approaching and funds tight due to those horrid few days we all know and hate before pay day I wanted to make something easy but filling enough to help get me through the day!

So here it is my choccy banana protein bars, full of protein, protein and more proteinnnn. Now don't freak out at the word protein trust me not all protein will make you turn into a bodybuilder overnight the real benefits are that it helps restore your muscles after you work out, gives you energy as well as helping with weight loss! And all those yummy oats will keep you go twice as long as any chocolate bar will!



Recipe for Choc banana protein bars-

-1 ripe banana
-2 cups of oats
-1 large egg
-1 cup of almond milk
-2 tsp. of agave
-2 scoops of chocolate protein powder (I used reflex chocolate instant powder)
-2 tbsp. of sunflower seeds (optional)

Servings- 10 slices

Preheat oven to 180c (350f). Yet again its a simple case of mashing everything up until combined (perfect lazy Sunday recipe!) placing in a lined tin and spread till even, then pop in the oven for around 20 minutes until cooked and set.

Calories- 90 per slice

This recipe is a great staple base recipe to add all your favourite things too. I've got my eye on a bag of coconut and dark chocolate for my next batch!




No comments:

Post a Comment