Tuesday 13 August 2013

Nigel Slater book reveiw

I've become a tad obsessed with my library, I think I've hired over 10 books in the last week! And one book in particular has stolen my heart and that's Nigel Slater's The Kitchen Dairies II. This book is full of simple wholesome beautiful cooking and there's a recipe for every day of the year!

Nigel Slater is an amazing cook everything he makes is in season, fresh and isn't fussy (my kind of food!). His book is beautifully written,  it's like a dairy full of nothing but truth and yummy food. He doesn't sugar cover anything, when his lazy and not in the mood to cook he says and comes up with a brilliant recipe to reflect his mood.

This book shows perfectly how simple cooking and flavours can really be. People these days complain and carry on about how foods prices are going up, healthy foods so expensive blah blah blah... Something as simple as grilled mushrooms with garlic butter on toasted sourdough is something so simple and perfect and hardly cost a dime! Venture out go to your local green grocers, international supermarkets, try new things, experiment with new flavours, it could open you to a whole new world of flavours and save your hard earned cash for something far more important (like shoes!).

Ow did I mention nothing goes to waste, so with that in mind how about invent something new and wonderful today? Check what you got lying around and makes something awesome!

As you can see Nigel Slater has really inspired me this week so I highly recommend his book and any of his books for that matter ( heading to pick up his next book tomorrow!).

And here's what I whipped up tonight thanks to this amazing book.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment