Sunday 18 August 2013

Cookies that could shrink your waistline!

COOKIES! Yes it a mega love hate relationship we share with these oweey gooey creations. Chocolate chip, Ginger snaps and Anzacs are just some of the many cookies I hold close to my heart, but apart from that what do they all share in common?.. Their high in fat, sugar and usually high in calories! Argh doesn't it make you want to cry.. But fear not cause I've been experimenting in my little box sized kitchen and I've come up with a no flour no butter and low cal cookie which is addictive!

The Base Recipe!

  • 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (or any nut butter you prefer).
  • 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar (the darker the better!)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2/3 cup rolled oats (Now you can use any oats, for example I used instant but its up to you)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  •  
    Preheat your oven to 200c. Combined everything into a big bowl and when all is mixed in place in fridge for a few minutes to give the mixture a chance to firm up. When that's over divide into little cute balls (makes 14-16) on a baking tray and pop in the oven! 15-20 minutes later you'll have a batch of cookies to die for.
     
    Now this is merely the base recipe the fun part is adding the yummy extras. Now make sure that what ever you add you remember the calories content will change. When I made these I added dark chocolate bringing these bad boys up to around 116 calories and without that naughty indulgence I'd say the calorie content would be just under 100.
     
    Some flavour ideas-
     
    Dark chocolate and orange zest
    Cinnamon and raisins (This is my next batch!) 
    Lemon and ginger
     
    The list can go on and on, you could even add protein powder to pump these up to an awesome pre workout snack.
     
    Hope you like this recipe as much as I do and be sure to share your flavour ideas cause I'm always looking for new ones!
     
     

     

     
     


     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment