Monday 27 May 2013

Creme Caramel recipe!

So just a normal night sitting on the couch watching tv and what do I get a craving for, Creme Caramel. But with no motivation to walk to the shop like any normal person I decided to make it from scratch. I've been wanting to make this recipe for ages and with a cartoon full of eggs in my fridge I couldn't think of a better time!

Now as my partner doesn't like creme caramel (crazy I know!) this recipe is for a single serve and at only 200 calories I think this is the perfect treat for a hard days work.

Creme Caramel-

2Tbsp- 4 tsp of caster sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 tsp of vanilla

Preheat oven to 150c.

Now I know the idea of making caramel is scary but trust me this was my first time and it was fine, just make sure not to take your eyes off the sugar! Now place 2 Tbsps of sugar in the pot and cook over a medium heat until the sugar cooks and starts to turn amber, quickly pour the caramel into the ramekin and make sure the entire base is covered. Next combine egg and the rest of the sugar and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Then heat milk in pot to the point you cant keep your finger in the milk for more then a second (just before boiling point). Then while whisking pour milk into egg mixture and then pour this into the ramekin. Place the dish into a larger dish and pour boiling water into it creating a bath for your little dish (about half way up). Then place in oven for 20 minutes or until the centre has a slight wobble. Then cool and enjoy your well deserved goodie for one.

Was amazed how simple this was to make and I'm beyond proud of myself, will definitely be making this again!

Before the big revel, This is the scariest part of the recipe!

And presto! Was jumping up and down like a little kid in my kitchen when this beauty popped out.


And I'm proud to say it tasted as good as it looks!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment